The STEM Parents’ Group has created this guide to the STEM Academy website. The website is full of information and of course, Mr. Newton and Mrs. Hebb and all the teachers and staff members want all families to easily find and use the information.
WELCOME To: sandwichstem.weebly.com
The Sandwich STEM Academy website is the official headquarters for Newton’s News, homework postings, announcements & updates, resource information, and PowerSchool log-in. It will continue to be developed and modified to meet the needs of parents, students, and teachers. This guide addresses the site in its current state of development. It is highly recommended that you visit the site several times each week for updates – particularly in Newton’s News, STEM Teacher sites, and the Home Page.
Here are some helpful tips to highlight specific information you may find useful. However, please take the time to explore the site on your own.
- Contact information for Dr. Booras, Mr. Newton, and Mrs. Hebb
- General announcements
- PowerSchool Parent/Student Portal
- STEM Phone Directory
NEWTON’S NEWS TAB
- Mr. Newton has been posting updates several times a week that include very helpful information and insights into your children’s school day. These frequent updates will replace the monthly editions of “Newton’s News.” You may subscribe to “Newton’s News” to receive automatic emails when Mr. Newton posts an update. Enter your email address on the right side of the page under “subscribe.” You’ll receive an email which will require you to confirm your subscription.
SCHOOL INFORMATION TAB – a treasure trove of news you can use!
Here are some helpful dropdown categories:
Faculty Contact Information
- Room numbers, voicemail box numbers, and phone extensions are provided for Teaching Teams, Art, Engineering, Electives, Foreign Language, Special Ed, Administration, Support Staff, and Athletics. This information can also be found on the Home Page – STEM Phone Directory.
STEM Teacher Sites
You and your child can find homework assignments, quiz/test dates, project deadlines, teacher needs, and other helpful information.
- The sites are updated throughout the week by individual teachers. (Please note: students are still encouraged to record this information in their STEM Agenda Book.)
- Grade 8 links you to http://sandwichstemacademy8thgrade.wikispaces.com/
- Individual Teacher Pages are listed in the left margin. There is also an Academic Calendar PDF you can download.
- Grade 7 links you to SandwichSTEMAcademy.eboard.com.
- The page is organized by Team A & B, Electives, Engineering, and Foreign Language.
Student Council site
- The student council site has comprehensive information about the council, its projects and more. Currently, a very informative FAQ page answers any question you can think of – and then some! – about the first dance on Friday, November 14, 2014
Ms. Wentworth has a dedicated site that you can access from this point. Ms. Wentworth’s site is rich in content and resource information to help you help your middle school student. http://stemschoolcounseling.weebly.com/
A listing of clubs available to STEM Academy students is posted here.
- Click on Athletics and you will be redirected to the official site of SHS and STEM Athletics with information on programs, competition schedules, practice, registration, etc.
STEM TECHNOLOGY TAB
- Chrome Book Resources – this covers just about everything — from the Policy Manual, Acceptable Use Guidelines, Optional Insurance, Tour of Chrome Book, Tutorial on Getting Started with Google Drive, How to Safely Carry a Chrome Book, and Online Safety Tips.
DISTRICT INFORMATION TAB
- Click on Food Service for cafeteria menus and pricing.
The STEM Parents Group also has a facebook page that will keep you informed as well.