By the SHS After-Prom Committee ‘2015
Sandwich High School After Prom Celebration was established in 1999 to provide a safe place for our students to go after the prom. It is a drug and alcohol free environment for the juniors, seniors and their guests to continue celebrating Prom. SHS parents raise the funds to pay for the party and they host the celebration that is held at the high school.
A recent article in the Sandwich Enterprise describes the importance of After Prom in Sandwich.
The After Prom celebration will be held on May 23, 2015, starting at 11:30pm and ending at 5:00am. The cost of the event is approximately $50 per student, but they attend free of charge. We anticipate over 300 students will attend.
We rely on parents and local businesses to help fund the occasion. We will be holding fundraisers from now until the event, and we certainly hope we can count on your support in any or all of the following areas:
- Make a tax-deductible donation of $10, $20, $50 or $100 to help defray the costs.
- Purchase tickets and attend A Knight of Comedy on March 21st at Sandwich Hollows. Help us spread the word and bring your friends! (Details and Ticket information to follow)
- Provide a silent auction item, gift card, or themed basket. Get a group of friends to help!
- Volunteer to set up or clean up during comedy night or the After Prom Party.
- Join a committee: decorating, fundraising, food, etc. There’s something for everyone.
- Attend a meeting! There is no commitment. Even taking on a small job is helpful.
For information about our next meeting and other prom information, friend us on Facebook: Sandwich High PTSA.
Putting on the celebration is a huge endeavor, but we feel it is essential to keep our students in a safe environment after the prom.
Please make donation checks payable to SHS PTSA and please note in memo “After Prom”. Mail donations to: SHS After Prom, PO Box 479, Sandwich, MA 02563.
We appreciate anything you could help us with so that we can continue the After Prom tradition. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at .
You can view and download this information here: 2015 AfterProm Parent Donation request 2015 final