The School Lunch Program is currently managed by Whitsons School Nutrition and the on-site manager of the program is Mary O’Brien. Mary can be reached at 508-888-4900 x.5015. For clerical support and questions regarding Free and Reduced Applications, feel free to contact Vicky Dauphinais at 508-888-4900 x.5014.
- Breakfast and lunch are served at all four schools.
- On half days – breakfast is served but lunches are not.
- On late start days at the high school – lunches are served but breakfasts are not.
- Breakfast price is currently $1.75 for all grades and some of the choices are: breakfast sandwiches, fruit smoothies, muffins, bagels with cream cheese, and yogurt parfaits.
- Lunch prices:
- K-5th is $2.50 and
- 6th-12th is $2.75.
- At the high school, for 7th-12th graders, there are additional choices called “Premium Meals” and they are priced at $3.25.
Premium Meal options include:
- made to order sandwiches/wraps featuring Boars Head deli meats;
- all hot sandwiches;
- cup of soup with half sandwich;
- pre-made salads.
Some of the “Regular Meal” options for $2.75 are:
- slice of pizza,
- tacos, nachos,
- hot dog, and
- chicken patty sandwich.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL LUNCH OPTIONS LISTED ABOVE ALSO INCLUDE: fruit, salad bar, and a milk to make a complete meal.
- Whole grain breads and whole wheat pizza dough are used.
- All meals follow the nutritional guidelines set by the USDA.
- Snacks are also available for an additional charge at all schools. Prices range from $.50 – $2.00.
Applications for Free and Reduced Price School Meals are available at each school and can be filled out at any point during the school year and sent in for processing. If a family’s circumstances change, they can apply for Free and Reduced Price School Meals.
- If approved for reduced meals, breakfast would cost $.30 and lunch would be reduced to $.40. “Free” means a free breakfast meal and a free lunch meal every school day. PLEASE NOTE: Snacks and drinks, other than milk, are NOT included in the Massachusetts Free and Reduced Price Meals program.
- Menus are available online through the District Website under Food Services. You will also find additional information online such as a nutrition analysis, allergen information and USDA resources.
- Parents are able to track their children’s purchases and check balances using the online system “MySchoolBucks.com”. The option to put money online using a debit card, credit card or bank check is also available through this website but please note, there is a convenience fee charged by the processing company. To avoid this, please feel free to send in cash or check with your child to be given to the school cafeteria. Questions or problems using MySchoolBucks.com – please call them directly at 1-855-832-5226.
Catering is also available for teacher meetings/functions and school events held at any school. Contact Mary O’Brien at 508-888-4900 x.5015 for pricing and other information.