by Scott Childress, English teacher – Sandwich High School/STEM Academy
This semester, Sandwich High School’s Journalism I and Advanced Broadcast class has teamed up to create a weekly online multimedia news site called Knight Lines.
Knight Lines can be found at http://schildress.wix.com/knightlines and includes news articles written by SHS Journalism students, videos developed by Advanced Broadcast students, and links to blogs and radio shows by students from both classes.
The site is divided into five sections:
- Front Page News which focuses on relevant news to the high school and community;
- Feature News which focuses on individuals or organizations at the school and in the community;
- Sports which covers sports at SHS;
- Entertainment which focuses on arts and entertainment at SHS and in Sandwich; and
- Editorial Blog, a section devoted to student opinion and discussion.
Knight Lines also has a twitter account: https://twitter.com/SHSKnightLines and an Instagram account: https://instagram.com/knightlines_shs/, both social media tools used to keep their followers up to date on upcoming articles.
Every Monday, Knight Lines is updated with new stories and videos.
Our latest edition of Knight Lines includes videos by Senior Angela Lorino and junior Connor Sullivan that profile